Welcome from the Dean of Religious Life
Emory University's Office of Spiritual and Religious Life (OSRL) is excited to welcome you to spiritual life at Emory. OSRL is a multifaith resource center that supports religious, spiritual, ethical, and cultural life, learning, and exploration for everyone at Emory--students, faculty, and staff of all of Emory's Schools.
We know this is a challenging time, and as you navigate your academic journey, we would like to help you establish a good support system for your wellbeing along the way. We anticipate that there will be challenges as well as opportunities this year. Our goal is to ensure that along with your academic experience, you will also have a rich and fulfilling spiritual and ethical experience.
OSRL's chaplains and staff along with our affiliated communities are here to support your spiritual life needs through gatherings, education, and connections. We know that during this time, positive energy, strong relationships, and inspiration are needed for the health of our mind, body, and soul. We encourage you to connect with the many vibrant communities and offerings for your spiritual life available through OSRL.
Some particular resources that may be of interest are:
• Our weekly e-newsletter featuring spiritual life and social justice opportunities at Emory
• Our online programs that offer many opportunities for worship, meditation, reflection, music, and learning
• Our approximately 25 student spiritual communities—all of which offer many ways to connect, and all of which invite you to practice or simply to learn
• Opportunities to connect with a chaplain or affiliate 1:1 for pastoral care or a supportive check-in
• Special support for students who may be ill or in medical quarantine
These are just some of the resources and supports we offer, but if there are things you don’t see that would be helpful to you, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also learn more on our website: http://www.religiouslife.emory.edu.
Please click the link below to learn more about Emory’s many spiritual communities, weekly virtual gatherings, service and social justice activities, and interfaith initiatives:
We look forward to connecting with and supporting you.
The Reverend Greg McGonigle
Dean of Religious Life and University Chaplain