Greetings from the Dean of Spiritual and Religious Life - Fall 2020
Greetings to You,
The Office of Spiritual and Religious Life (OSRL) is excited to welcome you to the start of the 2020 fall semester. OSRL is a multifaith resource center that supports religious, spiritual, ethical, and cultural life, learning, and exploration for everyone at Emory.
We know we are starting this academic year at a difficult time, and as you navigate through this fall semester on campus or remotely, we would like to help you set up a good support system for your wellbeing along the way. We anticipate there will be some challenges as well as opportunities at the beginning of this semester. Our goal for this semester is to ensure that along with your academic experience, you will also have a rich and fulfilling spiritual experience.
The OSRL staff, along with our affiliated communities are here to support your spiritual life needs through practices, teachings, and connections. We know during this time positive energy, strong bonds, and inspiration are needed for the health of our mind, body, and soul. We encourage you to connect with the many vibrant communities and offerings for your spiritual life available through OSRL.
Some particular resources that may be of interest are:
• Our weekly e-newsletter that you will receive featuring spiritual life and social justice opportunities at Emory
• Our online programs that offer many opportunities for worship, meditation, reflection, music, and learning
• Our 25 student spiritual communities—all of which offer many ways to connect, and all of which invite you to practice or simply to learn
• Opportunities to connect with a chaplain or affiliate 1:1 for pastoral care or a supportive check-in
• Special support for students who may be ill or in medical quarantine
These are just some of the resources and supports we offer, but if there are things you don’t see that would be helpful to you, we ask you to please contact us at email@example.com. You can also learn more at our website: http://www.religiouslife.emory.edu/.
Please click the link below to learn more about Emory’s many spiritual communities, weekly virtual gatherings, service and social justice activities, and interfaith initiatives.
We look forward to connecting with you.
The Reverend Greg McGonigle
University Chaplain and Dean